Friday, June 1, 2018

My Favorite Action Movie One-Liners

One-liners are almost as important to action movies as guns and explosions. (Back in the ‘80s, they were arguably more important.) Some are cool, some are corny, and the best are usually a bit of both. I’m not here to argue that the below list consists of the ten greatest one-liners ever committed to film, but they are my ten favorites. Some are badass, some are eye-rollers, but I’m fond of them all. Here they are, in no particular order:

1. “Yippee ki yay, motherfucker.” ~ John McClane (Bruce Willis, Die Hard)


2. “You’re a disease, and I’m the cure.” ~ Marion Cobretti (Sylvester Stallone, Cobra)



3. “Hasta la vista, baby.” ~ T-800 (Arnold Schwarzeneggar, Terminator 2)


4. “I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass … and I’m all out of bubblegum.” ~ George Nada (Roddy Piper, They Live)



5. “I don’t step on toes … I step on necks.” ~ Colonel James Braddock (Chuck Norris, Braddock: Missing in Action III)



6. “Go ahead, make my day.” ~ Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood, Sudden Impact)



7. “Victims … aren’t we all?” ~ Eric Draven (Brandon Lee, The Crow)



8. “I'm your Huckleberry." ~ Doc Holliday (Val Kilmer, Tombstone)



9. “I ain’t got time to bleed.” ~ Blaine (Jesse Ventura, Predator)



10. “God’s gonna sit this one out.” ~ Frank Castle (Thomas Jane, The Punisher)



No comments:

Post a Comment